Tuesday 31 July 2012

Early start

One of my assignment for the Diary of faces last week was sketching and painting one of Christian-Krohg's paintings. I nearly fell of my chair when I searched for a reference picture of Christian- Krogh's work


My Charcoal sketch on napkin covered paper.
A baby drinking from a wine bottle?


Update
Since posting the above post I discovered through my facebook page that baby bottles used to look like booze bottles

 So worry no longer! 
At last I could finish my painting with peace in my heart.


If you click on my interpretation of Christian- Krogh's painting it will take you to the original.


Have a great day!

4 comments:

Gina said...

Brilliant representation of the original :D XXX

Introverted Art said...

Manon, yours looks much better. The original one...well, it looked like the baby has a bottle of booze ;-)

Lisa Graham said...

I have never heard of this artist and I like your interpretation of his work. What an interesting fact about baby booze-bottle-look-alikes.

Ayala ArtDolls said...

This is too funny, and informative :oD